Applying for Admission to Maya Angelou Public Charter School
Maya Angelou Public Charter School (MAPCS) has a rolling and open admittance policy. This means that students are admitted regardless of background or academic record on a first-come, first-served basis at any time throughout the year.
HOW DO I GO FROM READING THIS PAGE TO ENROLLING (MY CHILD) INTO MAPCS?
Step 1: Scroll to the bottom of this page.
Step 2: Follow the link under the current school year to access “SchoolMint”
Step 3: Inside SchoolMint, you will create a Guardian/Student profile and then apply for the appropriate campus and school year
Step 4: Once you’ve filled out an application, a number of forms will appear on the website to continue the registration process. This information is required before the student will be able to attend classes. During this step you will also be put in contact with school staff for the submission of documents that cannot be submitted online.
Here is the list of forms you will complete:
- DC Residency Form and Documentation
- MAPCS Student Services Form
- MAPCS Specific Releases and Notices
- Health Information:
- DC Universal Health Certificate Completed by Medical Provider
- DC Oral Health Assessment Form Completed by Dental Provider
- HPV Vaccine Opt-Out Form [If Applicable]
- Identification Information:
- Birth Certificate (or other document that establishes student age)
- Government issued ID of parent or legal guardian (or some other valid form of photo identification)
- Proof of legal guardianship [If Applicable]
- School History Documents (For New Students):
- All High School Transcripts and Final 8th Grade Report Card
- Home Language Survey Form
- Copy of most recent Individualized Education Plan (IEP), psycho-educational tests, recommendations, evaluations, etc. [If Applicable]
School Year 2017-18
Click here to apply now!
Want some more information about Charter Schools and the MAPCS Enrollment Process? Take a look at our Charter School Information and Enrollment FAQs page under Enrollment.