WELCOME STUDENTS AND FAMILIES
Key Reminders for the 2019-2020 School Year
Student Resource Hub
At Maya Angelou Public Charter School, we view our parents as equal partners in their scholar’s journey through high school. We build a welcoming environment, offering supportive resources to engage and encourage leadership among our parent community through our Student & Family Engagement Center.
We hope that you make the commitment with our staff to help your scholar reach their greatest potential. To the right is our Parent Resource Hub with helpful information about your high school scholar’s day to day and overall school experience.
For information regarding our Parent Resources or questions regarding emergency housing, please contact our McKinney-Vento Homeless Coordinator:
Ms. L’Tanya Holley, Director of Family & Community Engagement
Do you have a family in mind that would benefit attending school at Maya Angelou ? Please complete the form below:
As a Maya Angelou Public Charter School parent, we ask that you commit to 10 hours of volunteer service for the school year. For your convenience, we have provided a list of mandatory and suggested activities that will help you achieve the required hours.
Mandatory Activities List:
- Attend Back to School Night (TBA)
- New and Returning Family Orientation
- Attend Student-Led Parent/Teacher Conference (at least four times per year)
- Volunteer for any MAPCS sponsored activity/event (Ex. Chaperone a field trip or help during lunch)
- Attend all meetings convened by the school to address the unique needs of your student
- Attend PowerSchool training (Back to School Night)
Fill out the form below to get volunteer opportunity alerts.